PiTop 4 Car Diagnostics tool (quick video demo)

My car will be paid off in a couple of months, at which point I’m gonna break it trying to do some of this stuff. I look forward to the resigned sigh my wife will give me when I shrug and say “well, I tried” again.

1 Like

@elipitop: brilliant :joy::joy:. Don’t worry we will help u fix it, right @Supernovali?:joy:

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, buy a 1000$ eco hahaha.

Naw, just go to a salvage yard and buy an OBDII compliant eco to test and get things straight. Bet you it would only cost 30-50 (USD here in the USA anyways, that’s what I could probably scrap one for anyways.)

1 Like

I actually have an Eco somewhere, I think. Maybe I’ll clean my car out and find it sitting in an amazon box that has been buried under trash for months…

1 Like

Work in progress, can’t wait for the weekend. I hope I have the time to do a proper video, for now, this is just a quick preview:

1 Like

@Luis woah that GUI is looking niiice! What is load %?

2 Likes

@duwudi: Thanks a lot, this is now running open auto. That’s one of the OBD2 PIDs and it’s engine load absolute.

2 Likes

Love it! It looks very much like an OBDII app I used to have install on my 4th gen iPhone. Takes me way back haha.