Boot to desktop instead of dashboard

Hi

Maybe a very simple question but I cannot find the answer to this
I have and older version of pi-top laptop running on a RPI 3. The SD card failed and I used the image I had to installed new and worked fine but system boot to the dashboard and I would lik it to boot to the desktop
Probably simple but I cannot find the solution

Sincerely
Michael Axelsson

Hi @MichaelAxelsson - it seems that you’re using a really old OS image. I suggest you to download the latest available from https://www.pi-top.com/resources/download-os and try that one.

Hi, I do and the reason for this is that I set up the Pi-top for a specific project, as a video monitoring for microsurgical training and I installed a custom written program. When I had to re-install the Pi-top I did download the later versions of the OS but I could not install all the packages needed to run the program so I instead used my old image and that works fine. The only thing that I would like to change is that instead of booting to the dashboard it should boot to the desktop where the shortcut to the program sist

Hi

Found a way to do exactly what I wanted via ChatGPT, it hallucinated a number of times but then came up with this that worked

In terminal
sudo systemctl disable pt-os-dashboard

It takes a little bit longer to boot but it boot directly to the desktop, everything works as I wanted