Display, buttons, etc for 64 bit arm?

Hello,
Is there planned support for arm64 for the pt-* .debs? looking through the pitop image, it seems like most all of these are python scripts and systemd service installers.

Hi,

Offering official 64 bit packages in our repository is not a priority focus for us right now, as we are hard at work preparing for the launch of our Robotics Kit.

A major part of this effort has been (and continues to be) preparing an open source SDK repository for the bulk of user functionality, which has arm64 deb builds in the GitHub actions. The repo is here: https://github.com/pi-top/pi-top-Python-SDK

To see what is still needing to be done, please take a look at the Issues - it’s mainly documentation and Wiki at this time. However, you can at least see how the packaging is being done.

Please note that the packages produced in that repository are not yet compatible with the other packages on the OS, which themselves do not yet have arm64 package builds.

This is something that will likely come in the coming months as we prepare for Debian Bullseye.

Hope that answers your question!

My cousin and i got the diy kits with 8gb pis and have ubuntu 64 running with screen and buttons even got the battery dispay and cpu menus on screen wasnt easy lack of documentation is sad

1 Like

@jh16ton got any pictures or videos? Would like to see it! :+1:

Also, do you have a repo with the code/instructions?

Heres the thing my cousin is the one who has done all the work but he had already built up his ubuntu 64 for a lenovo laptop with an arm chip. He dosent keep track of everything he does so it would be quite difficult according to him to write out all the steps or even remember but i have a disk image. its quite large so im tring to figure out how to share it. I will post when i have a way set up.

got the adc going in the pma currently doing a few tweeks hopfully have a disk image of pitopuntu(lol) shared on my google drive soon

so duwudi you are the only one who has shown interest in the pitop running ubuntu 64bit good news disk image is uploaded and ready for anyone who wants to try it out. the ffmpeg hardware video decoding now works why the guys at rasbian had written a program to delete it istead of doing a google search and in 3 minutes with no knowlege of code have it working ill never know. the firmware updater works. adc on pma works wiringpi now works rpi.gpio works. the shutdown now works (complete shutdown no longer need to hold power button for 5 sec. frame buffer driver working. wireless removed no -ir and radar restrictions. its a big file but quite stable and all pitop hardware working in arm64. heres the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MS4RcmlQpL0f2ePyrvUzcoMWs1EehOX6/view?usp=sharing user name ubuntu password password

2 Likes

@jh16ton this is great, will check it out this weekend! :+1:

Nicely done, tbh I am waiting on a 64bit version of pitopOS but that is all waiting on an official Raspberry Pi OS to become officially available and there is a matter of drivers and support, just takes time

1 Like

I can’t wait for this tbh. It’s awesome that you are essentially ready to go! Do you have github and can you share the repositories with us when it becomes available?

Hi, I’m trying to setup this myself; any news on this?

No news. We will be sure to update everyone when we have something to update on!

Using Raspbian and upgrading to 64 bit, I’m working pretty stable right now :slight_smile:

1 Like