Expansion Plate USB

Hello.

I have 2 questions below:

Q1)
I bought pi-top4 diy & robotics kit yesterday.(incl. expansion plate)
I have tested servomotor, drive motor, camera and sensors.
Almost sensors are worked well in python SDK.

But, I found usb-camera doesnt work using expansion plates usb port. After I connected to pi-top4 usb port, then camera worked well.
All 2 ports from expansion plate are not working properly. I did re-assembled several time to check usb connection between rbp4 and pi-top4. Also usb ports are not working.

One more strange thing is that my expasion plate do not have usb-c pd port located middle of 2 usb ports which is different from product webpages : Expansion Plate Explained! (pi-top.com)

Is it different expansion plate model? How can I check right expansion plate with my robotics kit and pi-top4 board?

Q2)
In python SDK, there is IMU example. Is it also optional sensor? When I run IMU example, “This Expansion Plate doesn`t have an IMU” message is printes with Exception.

I think the new ones do not have any IMU; however, no one has yet confirmed this. I certainly have not been able to access it.
I found that the best thing to do is to download opencv and work with that.

open a terminal and put in the command:
upgrade pip:
pip install pip -U
this next bit is needed before you install opencv
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config
Finally:
pip install opencv-contrib-python

Your camera will be accessed in python with
import cv2
cv2.Videocapture(-1)
I hope that helps.

Thank you for reply.

I think that OpenCV and SW are not problems. I have experienced more than 15 years in opencv uses.

When I enter “lsusb” in terminal, usb port of expansion plate don`t recognize any devices not only cameras but also usb receiver and others.

As I mentioned before, the camera worked well on pi-top usb directly. All usb from expansion plate are problem. That`s why I would like to check two different types of expansion plates are exactly same usb circuit. Or How can I check if the hardware is OK or not?

Looking forward to your further support!

Hi,

It is an obvious question, but have you checked the plate with any grove sensors or a multimeter to see if you are getting power to the pins?

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I connected usb powered led, then led worked well. I think power is not an issue.

No bother,

If it is getting power, then there might be a software issue.
I am going to assume that the firmware is up to date etc.,
Can I look at the code you are using? Perhaps there is something there.