FHD touch display need to be recalled

This is the replacement I got. Still flicker when connect with a computer via the adapter.

@TonyZ I’m really surprised you would get this behaviour on another unit.

1. Did the Display Adapter also get replaced?
  2. What computer are you using with it? Also, does your computer say what resolution configuration it’s outputting?
  3. Does it work with the pi-top [4]?
  1. Did the Display Adapter also get replaced?
    I received a new set after mailed back. I suppose it get replaced.

2. What computer are you using with it? Also, does your computer say what resolution configuration it’s outputting?
    Tried on Dell Precision T5810 and Dell Optiplex 7070 at Resolution 1920x1080.

3. Does it work with the pi-top [4]?
    Yes, it works with pi-top 4. Sometime still flickers but much better than previous one.

We’ve actually had issues with Dell devices’ HDMI previously, in this case it was a series of Dell monitors that wouldn’t even work with a barebones Raspberry Pi - this is probably different but it could be linked.

The only thing I can suggest is to try with a different HDMI cable, since it’s working with the pi-top [4] it must be either the cable or the Display Adapter at fault - I’d imagine the screen itself should be fine.

I think the issue is on the Display adapter. Is it possible to upgrade the display adapter firmware?

@TonyZ no it doesn’t have any ICs on it, it’s just a straight pass-through. It’s possible that you’ve just gotten extremely unlucky in this instance - let me get the team to send a new one to you