Further Link issue

1 thing about Further Link i am having difficult with is if I use further on the pi-top i can connect no issues using 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

If i am on my PC and put in my pi-top IP address 192.168.1.137 it cannot connect. is it possible to even do this?

Further Link is enabled and service is running. I have also tested this with a fresh install and have same problem

Your PC and pi-top are on the same network? I assume you can SSH into the same pi-top?

yeah they are on same network and i can SSH, VNC and the WEB UI thing works no issue

the pi-top health check shows that the futher link is active

= pi-top Software Information ===============================================================================================================================================================================================================
- pi-top Systemd Services -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  └ active
    └ pt-device-manager (pi-top device auto-detection and configuration daemon)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-device-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      └ Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-06-18 11:07:45 BST
    └ pt-dhcp-server (pi-topOS DHCP server)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-dhcp-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      └ Active: active (exited) since Fri 2021-06-18 11:07:40 BST
    └ pt-firmware-updater (pi-top device firmware updater daemon)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-firmware-updater.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-further-link (pi-top Further Link)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-further-link.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      └ Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-06-18 11:07:42 BST
    └ pt-hotplug-display (pi-top [4] touchscreen hotplug service)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-hotplug-display.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      └ Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-06-18 11:07:40 BST
    └ pt-memory-monitor (Low memory monitor and warning notification)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-memory-monitor.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-sys-oled (pi-top OLED system menu)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-sys-oled.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-web-portal (pi-topOS Web Server)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-web-portal.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  └ inactive
    └ pt-coder-bg-catcher (background input catcher for pi-topCODER)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-coder-bg-catcher.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
      └ Active: inactive (dead)
    └ pt-eeprom-manager (pi-top [4] EEPROM Management)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-eeprom-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-force-os-update (pi-topOS updater service)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-force-os-update.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-os-mods (pi-topOS system modifications service)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-os-mods.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-os-updater (pi-topOS updater service)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-os-updater.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-poweroff (pi-topHUB shutdown announcement)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-poweroff.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-reboot (pi-top[4] reboot announcement)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-reboot.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-version-notify (pi-topOS version warning)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-version-notify.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    └ pt-web-portal-port-busy (pi-topOS Web Server)
      └ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pt-web-portal-port-busy.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)

You followed all of the suggestions here: https://knowledgebase.pi-top.com/knowledge/further-code-runner-connection

I have yes, and still having same problems, yes. also when I for the 1.1.1.1 thing it causes no internet connection

Connections to FurtherLink are made via a DNS record pointing to the pi-top local IP. Some ISP DNS resolvers don’t accept this, so we recommend Cloudflare DNS and configure it by default on pi-topOS currently.

As this configuration is not causing issues on your pi-top it seems that your network can allow it, so possibly you have not configured Cloudflare DNS correctly on your PC. If it is configured correctly and not blocked you should be able to confirm this at https://1.1.1.1/help.

Other alternative DNS providers such as those listed here should also work.

If the DNS connection to the pi-top can be made, you should be able to confirm it by opening these links in your browser (with the dash (-) delimited local IP of your pi-top in them):
http://192-168-1-137.further-link.pi-top.com/ (opens the web ui tour)
https://192-168-1-137.further-link.pi-top.com:8028/status (further-link status, should respond ‘OK’)

we recommend Cloudflare DNS and configure it by default on pi-topOS currently

This is no longer true. Latest OS update drops Cloudflare (forgot to add this stuff to the OS release notes!)

Latest OS update drops Cloudflare

Ah, in that case it’s even stranger that this works on your pi-top but not from a PC on the same network, since you would expect them to use the same dynamically configured DNS resolver already.

If this link works for you then there may be an issue with the FurtherLink server rather than the networking: http://192-168-1-137.further-link.pi-top.com/

On your pi-top that link should work as well as http://127-0-0-1.further-link.pi-top.com/