HyperPixel 4.0 touch Pi-Top 4

Hey everybody, tried to load curl https://get.pimoroni.com/hyperpixel4 | bas chose option 4, won’t let it disable I2C or SPI ,I am guessing touch screen wont work non touch would

Any Ideas Thanks Stan

I use the hyperpixel but without touch. I lost the OLED display also. The Hyperpixel works really well with the Pi-Top 4.

There seems to be a Compatibility issue with the hyperpixel and the pitot, I have one and tried it and had the same issue.

I don’t think it’s a pi top issue but more of the hyperpixel drivers are not flexible enough to work with other devices. Sad really as it’s a decent display even though it’s marketed incorrectly

I have two pitop - one with older firmware/OS version and one with the newest. Hyperpixel only works/installs on the one with older firmware/OS.

I had a hyperpixel and it broke when I dropped it. I got the square one instead (to replace it) and updated the install (or rather changed it to the square one). I tried to use it on my other pi-top and it wouldn’t install. Maybe try to install software for the rectangular one then switch to the square one if that works.

The knowledge base has information on the miniscreen’s OLED display and its use of the SPI bus. You may find this information useful, in getting it to play with other hardware.