Lagging mouse on pi-top[4]

Since the latest update/upgrade my wireless mouse has been very laggy. Have updated the ‘sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt’ with ‘usbhid.mousepoll=0’ at the end of the line with no improvement and tried other values for the polling. I have also tried this with a different wireless mouse and a wired mouse with no improvement. I use the pi-top screen and keyboard normally so I tried a different monitor and keyboard still very laggy. The track pad on the pi-top keyboard appears to work normally. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Stu555y, I have found the same issue. So I reflashed an old image of Pi-Top OS and it worked fine until I upgraded again; and it is super laggy again. There must be a problem with the latest upgrade.

I am lucky enough to have more than one Pi-Top. Just updated the other and the same problem is occurring. Not fun.

Thanks DrC, it’s good to know it’s not just me. Update… the track pad seems to be displaying the same behaviour

Absolutely, I have tried a few things such as those outlined here:
[Solved] Mouse lag - Raspberry Pi Forums

It hasn’t worked. It would appear that as the touchpad is used, the whole OS appears to pause.

Hi Stu555y, the latest update seems to have fixed the issue.
I feel like I have my device back! Update and let me know how you get on.

1 Like

Hi Dr C, latest update has indeed solved the problem. In fact all processes seems a bit faster!