Looking for root to install pi-hole

I downloaded the software to see what it would be like before buying a diy case for a pi 4. I’m running into problems installing pi-hole since it wants root and not sudo. if I can’t get root then I guess I’ll have to buy a 2 pi 4 asap so my diet-pi build can be kept running to provide the pi-hole and plex server.

Did you try starting in Terminal with
“sudo su” —> Enter
then
“cd /root”
?

I think you misunder stand. the software needs to run as root user and it checks on installl if it’s running as root user

has anyone managed to get pi-hole installed and running on the pi-top os?

The command sudo su - Will log you in as root.

pi@pi-top:~ $ id
uid=1000(pi) gid=1000(pi) groups=1000(pi),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),60(games),100(users),105(input),109(netdev),997(gpio),998(i2c),999(spi)
pi@pi-top:~ $ sudo su -
root@pi-top:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
root@pi-top:~#

Raspberry PI’s are popular choices for Pi-Hole so it should work fine. I am running it on a ARMv7 cpu running Debian Buster just not a pi-top

Players in Candy Crush are shown a grid of colorful sweets in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. To make lines of three or more sweets of the same hue, which will cause them to vanish and new candies to descend from the top to fill the gaps, you must exchange neighboring candy. Visit Here: Invests