OS update fails

I have a new pi-top[4], pi-top screen, keyboard and robotics kit. When I tried to run the first Further tutorial I was told to upgrade the OS, so I did:

System tools > Check for updates then Update now

This generated loads of errors such as:

Err:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster/main armhf hostapd armhf 2:2.7 …
404 Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80]

Help!

I got good feedback from support@pi-top.com

sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade -y

Then update worked and I can connect to the pi-top.

1 Like

@johnbarr Great to hear that this fix worked for you. Just to add for anyone else, here is the link to our guide for anyone having a similar issue.

1 Like

Apart from Mac compatibility, the other possible reasons why macOS won’t update include poor network connection, the lack of disk space, Apple server issues, and more. We’ll talk about how to solve each of these problems in a sec. It’s important to treat every “why can’t I update my Mac” case individually. Real id maryland vendors often advertise their counterfeits as “scannable.” So it’s reasonable to ask, whether or not a fake ID will realistically be caught by an ID scanner. To answer this, you’ll need to understand understand the technology used by different ID scanners and the tools available to forgers to circumnavigate automated tests.