Pi Camera NoIR v2

Hi!,

I’m working on a small project with a Pi-Top [4] and a Pi Camera NoIR V2, I’ve installed the camera (and lost the device warranty :unamused:) following these instructions. The Pi-Top[4] is updated and using Debian version 10.12

The libcamera-apps package that is available via apt indicates:

ERROR: the system appears to be configured for the legacy camera stack

After modifying my /boot/config.txt with the entry dtoverlay=imx219 I got a different error:

Made X/EGL preview window
[0:15:10.945992470] [24104] INFO Camera camera_manager.cpp:293 libcamera v0.0.0+3406-e96d0201
ERROR: *** no cameras available ***

So I tried to compile the library following these instructions.

The same error that indicates that there are not cameras still persist.

Anybody know how to use the NoIR camera with Pi-Top [4]?

I could get the camera working after a fresh install of bullseye and the line

dtoverlay=imx219

at the end of /boot/config.txt. I did not need to compile libcamera-app from source.

Hi @mmartinortiz,
I’m sorry I can’t help with the camera itself, but we changed our policy a while ago. Customers won’t lose their warranty for installing the Raspberry Pi Camera into the device (as long as it wasn’t done with brute force). So that sticker on the fan connector can mostly be ignored.

Hope you get help on the camera though.

Hi @mmartinortiz,
I’m sorry I can’t help with the camera itself, but we changed our policy a while ago. Customers won’t lose their warranty for installing the Raspberry Pi Camera into the device (as long as it wasn’t done with brute force). So that sticker on the fan connector can mostly be ignored.

Hope you get help on the camera though.

Hi RezIN,

Customers won’t lose their warranty for installing the Raspberry Pi Camera into the device (as long as it wasn’t done with brute force)

That is something really nice :-), thanks for communicating it.