Pi-top 4 battery

I’m interested in the pi-top 4. However, is there a way to check the battery charge status of the pi-top 4 when in use? Like the battery percentage, how long it will take to charge and how long the battery will last?

In addition to this, will there be an updated pi-top 3 but for the Raspberry Pi 4, so we can put the Pi 4 into a laptop that is standalone, so as not to have a block on the side?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the Forum Fr0stii. If you look at Pi-Top.com website there are several pictures of the Pi-Top[4] please take note there is a small display on top the unit. They refer to this as the OLED, when powered on the status of battery % will be displayed as well as other useful information. When the Pi-Top[4] is plugged in the display indicates the level of the battery % charging. The battery charges relatively fast, I believe about 2 hours. Depending on what you are doing and what peripherals are attached, the battery will last approx. 5 Hours.

As for the Pi-Top[3], unfortunately due to the hardware changes from the Raspberry Pi 3B to the Raspberry Pi 4B the Pi-Top[3] is unable to accommodate the Raspberry Pi 4B. Having said that, there are some users actively making the necessary case modifications to the Pi-Top[3] to accept the Raspberry Pi 4B.

In my opinion, (I am not an employee of Pi-Top), the Pi-Top [4] is the best Raspberry Pi enclosure with OUTSTANDING technical support. If you decide to purchase a Pi-Top product, you won’t be disappointed.

If you have any other question, feel free to post it and someone (a Pi-Top Technician or a customer like me) will be happy to answer it to the best of our ability.

Have a Great day!

1 Like

There is also a battery indicator on the task bar

1 Like

Can’t really add too much to the other answers, except that you can also access this information from the terminal using pi-top’s CLI:

pi@pi-top:~ $ pi-top battery
Charging State: 0
Capacity: 100
Time Remaining: 520
Wattage: -47
1 Like