Pi-Top OS software for arm64

Add arm64 support for pi-top software via Raspbian

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=275370

This has been discussed a few times. There are a couple issues with 64bit Raspberry Pi OS

• it’s still currently beta
  • only benefits is with 8GB boards at this time
  • currently not a lot of community support due to beta and slow progress
  • slow development on 64Bit

The raspberry pi and pi-top community do was a serious 64bit platform but this takes time to be adopted by all. Look at windows for example, people are still running 32bit even though hardware is all 64bit compatible now.

It just takes the OS developers to say no more 32 bit will be supported but problem is, a 64 bit OS (official) on raspberry is in early infancy. I think it would have been more productive if they focused raspberry pi OS (not previous raspbian) as a 64 bit OS but even it’s taken a few years to get Raspberry Pi OS to the state it is now for the RPi 4

In short, we all want it but for now it’s not worth the time developing for as a lot can and will change with the base OS

Raspberry Pi OS is now Officially supporting 64 bit.
It would be extremely nice if at the very least the drivers could be made available in 64 bit giving users at least the option of running another OS.
It can’t be too much extra work to just get the drivers available without having to work on the entire Pi-Top OS.

I very much would like this! I was rather disappointed when I got all my hardware a few days ago and realized pi-os was 32-bit, and couldn’t be installed on a 64-bit OS. I got the DIY version, just to use the 8gb model. I don’t understand how this isn’t an extreamly high priority for the pi-top team?

Hi, support for arm64 is available. Check: