Pi-top ssh/vnc connection timout when foundation plate attached

Hi,

a while after boot with the foundation plate attached, the ssh connection to the pi-top drops and times out until the system gets rebooted. The pi-top webpage also becomes unreachable.

I’m using the newest official PiTopOS and my pi-top aswell as the foundation-plate are brand new.

What might be the reason for this? It became extremely frustrating, especially since I have to reboot the device with the slider on its side every time.

I can see the mini display animation still continuing on. I can also navigate on the mini display. The pi-top seems to be still connected to the wifi.

Somehow something crashes that prevents ssh, vnc and the webpage from being reached…

With the foundation plate disconnected, everything works just fine…

Please help…

Nevermind, I installed Raspberry Pi OS and hacked it to use the same bullseye repo as the Bullseye PiTopOS.
I installed the drivers and now it works like a charm. I can stay in SSH with the foundation-plate attached 24/7. Didn’t have a single crash or freeze since install.

Maybe I broke my PiTopOS installation by using the official Raspberry Pi Imager thing with username/pw change preconfigured…