Python3 support unmet dependencies on Pi OS current

Hmmm. I added the pi-top repositories and attempted to install python3-pitop, python3-pitop-full, python3-pitop-mgr, and the common package to no avail. There are umeetable dependences. This is on the curren Pi os that has been updated. I want to use the A to D on the proto+ board, but really I’d like to get everything working. Any suggestions on how to fix this are more than welcome. I could be doing something wrong, but I can’t guess what. I’m a software developer and I can follow technical directions.

Hi @Eirikur, can you paste the terminal output that shows the errors you’re getting?

Hi Eirikur, I’m just copying my answer from the ticket earlier for other users.

The cmd-line you’re trying isn’t maintained by us and is Raspberry Pi Foundation’s own line. They haven’t maintained it in a few years either and as the installation text says, it’s been deprecated. However, you are also right that currently, we don’t support the 64-bit version of the Raspberry Pi OS. That’s only because they’re still Beta Testing the OS and we would prefer not to do any of our own development until they’ve finished with theirs.

We do currently have a method for customers to install the pi-top libraries and drivers onto Raspberry Pi, though this is meant for the 32-bit version of the OS. You can find instructions on how to do that here. You are more than welcome to try it on the 64-bit version and see if it works. Though like the article suggests, this would be possible on Raspberry Pi OS though you might struggle with Debian.

If you find that it doesn’t work, then I’d recommend posting about the errors that you get into the pi-top forum. One of our team or the community would be more than willing to help. However, please also send me screenshots of the errors that you get and I can try to help as well.

If you’re interested in how the OS works, then you can also find more information on our SDK here or our Github repository here.

Like duwudi said, a screenshot would be helpful here!
Let us know what you find

I think my problem was trying this on 64-bit Pi OS. It’s been resolved by not doing that. Python library dependencies can include binary libraries that might not be available for 64-bit ARM.