Raspberry Pi Pico + GPS + pi-top[4] debugging

so I got a Raspberry Pi Pico and as you may know i made a python script for GPS for pi-top[4]

Well, with a little modification to the script I got it running on the Pico. its a little messy but it runs

as you can see, its all done though the pi-top[4] but whats even more funny is this
pi-top%20debug%20a%20pico%20getting%20gps

The Pico is getting GPS data from UART1 while being debugged via UART0

if your interested, here is the code
https://github.com/CAProjects/Adafruit-GPS-Pico
please note that I will not help debugging this for you, i am still learning micropython and there is a lot I want to do with this so its a personal project

@duwudi micropython used .format for fstrings hehehe :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@CAProjects very cool! I should be getting my hands on a Pico very soon…

haha funny we were just talking about .format and now you’re forced to use it :laughing:

1 Like

Still waiting for my pico a mo th later :confused: I’ll have to reschedule out. I didnt think they were this far behind but hopefully it didnt just get lost or something. I still have no tracking either

That’s strange, I can get one tomorrow if I wanted. Don’t think the pico is as hard to get as the infamous CM4 hehe

When I purchased it was when all the vendors were running out and on backorder. I just went and cancelled it and tried again.

Ah, a vendor issue with supply, where about a are you, there are tons available in the UK, I just ordered another 5 of them :smile: along with other things

1 Like

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: hahaha well boo. Yeah I just had the money returned. I might have to keep the money for now and order later. Too much going on haha