Solar Power and Micro Controllers

I am in the hunt for a solar panel and charging circuit to power 3.3v microcontrollers, not together but separately. the boards i have in mind are

Arduino MKR WiFi 1010
Raspberry Pi Pico with LoRa
Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect
Adafruit Feather RP2040
Pimoroni Tiny 2040 with LoRa

If possible would love a way to solar charge the pi-top[4] as a LoRaWAN Gateway if possible.

Does anyone know some off the shelf parts that will suit the job of powering the boards and Raspberry Pi?

I am looking for a way to charge the battery when its day time and run the micro controlelrs and let batteries take over when not enough power to run on solar power

I have no idea when it comes to solar power and would appreciate any help possible

1 Like

I don’t know any off the top of my head, but do know @Supernovali has experience in this area. If you find any feel free to post the links here and I can sanity check if they would be suitable :+1:

Send me your address. I’ll send you a prototype that has 3v3 capability for a product I’ve designed :wink: as for the design, it uses single cell lipo, and as far as solar panel, it will depend on your demand and how much power you intend to consume.

1 Like