Pi-top [4] not turning on

I’ve placed an order for original pi-top charger and will let you know how it went when it gets here :wink:
Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

I confirm this situation. See the following photo
Tensao%20de%20carga

1 Like

I’ve received the pi-top charger this morning and I can confirm that this time the pi-top has “come to life” :wink:

Thanks again for all your advice, have a nice day!

Excellent, happy making! :grin:

same issue here
Pi 4 is booting perfectly out of the case
but once in the case it does not want to boot and I’m using the psu from the website Pi top that is specifically designed for the pi top 4
and so far nothing on screen so I though that the battery is dead so I left it to charge for good 20 min to see any changes and nothing happened
I hold the button for few sec and nothing either
pls help

Hi @bob, is there any orange/green LED blinking on the power switch when you plug in the charger?

on a charger there is blue light
and on pi top there is no light

no there is no blinking lights at all

@bob just to confirm, is the USB-C power cable plugged into the port on the left with the lightning bolt? i.e. not the port with the green surrounding.

If that’s the case then I would recommend emailing support@pi-top.com and getting a replacement sent out - if the unit is showing no signs of power or activity then there may be a problem that we are unable to debug remotely :pensive:

yeah it’s connected to the bolt one
oh fudge well I just got it today
fudge sake…
thank you for your help though I text them immediately from today and ship the package props tomorrow…
Thank you once more

@bob hopefully you get the replacement soon, let me know once you’re up and running!

heya
I got the replacement today and is running like brand new just doing few things to it now as in installing the OS for the screen for the pi top as I’m running rasbian

2 Likes

Hi guys,

We have fully charge our pitop4 with the proper 15V and the screen indicated 100% charge.
However, nothing happens while we try to turn it on
What are we supposed to do then ?

Ok, I have a bug report which may be related to all of this, “pitop wont turn on.”

If you leave the display connector plugged in and it doesnt turn off correctly, ie have to hold the power switch, it seems that the mini-hdmi connector is feeding power to the raspberry pi and preventing a full power cycle. Will be reporting in new thread.

@Stef do you have an SD card plugged in?

Hi duwudi, yes we put one with pitop os system

@Stef if you hold the power switch for 2-3 seconds the green light should come on - does this happen?

I have just tried again and no light at all in the bottom
there is a green light inside

@Stef did you build a DIY Edition? If so it may be because the pi-top can’t detect the Raspberry Pi. Could you send me a video of you trying to turn it on and show me what happens? Just post to YouTube as unlisted then post the link here, try to show the RPi LEDs etc when you try to turn it on too. If we can’t figure it out I’m happy to jump on a Zoom call to help you through it!

ok I keep you posted while done