FHD Touch Display and Display Cable Issues

Issues

• pi-top Display Cable only works for VNC Viewer… never for an actual display (including the pi-top FHD Touch Display) or anything else
  • screen produces seizure inducing flashes when merely plugging/unplugging cables from the pi-top Display Adapter (huge liability here!!!)

My Setup

• Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (8GB)
  • SanDisk 256GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I (C10/U1/A1)
  • 2020-12-22-pi-topOS-sirius.img
    • Build number: C781
    • Build date: 2020-12-22
    • pit-top devices hub: pi-top [4] (v5.4)
    • firmware: pt4_hub-v5.4-sch9-release.bin
  • pi-top [4] DIY Edition
  • pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard with Display Adapter
    • pi-top FHD Touch Display
    • pi-top Bluetooth Keyboard
    • pi-top Display Adapter
  • pi-top Display Cable with HDMI Adapter and USB Adapter
    • pi-top Display Cable
    • pi-top HDMI Adapter
    • pi-top USB Adapter
  • Micro USB Cable 6ft
  • CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable
  • (Power A) CanaKit USB-C Power Supply (5.1V @ 3.5A)
  • (Power B) Nintendo Switch USB-C Power Supply (5.0V @ 1.5A and 15.0V @ 2.6A)
  • (Power C) Goal Zero Yeti 3000 USB-PD (5V, 12V, 20V up to 3.0A (60W max), regulated)

Power Strangeness

• assumptions
    • power needs of pi-top: 12V @ 3A or 15V @ 3A and 36W
    • power needs of pi-top FHD Touch Display: 5V
  • Power B and Power C (from “Setup” section above) can charge the pi-top
    • Power A fails to charge the pi-top
  • Power A and Power B and Power C can all power the pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard via the USB-C port on the pi-top Display Adapter
    • Power A seems to consistently work the best
    • Power B seems to work most of the time
    • Power C only worked a few times

Working Display Configurations

• VNC Viewer
    • pi-top Display Cable plugged into pi-top Display Port and other end into USB Adapter
    • pi-top USB Adapter plugged into laptop
    • USB OTG IP Address: 192.168.64.1
    • username: pi
    • password: pi-top
  • Micro HDMI + Micro USB
    • CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable plugged into pi-top Micro HDMI Port and other end into pi-top Display Adapter
    • Micro USB Cable 6ft plugged into pi-top (any USB port) and other end into pi-top Display Adapter (micro USB port)
    • Power A, Power B, or Power C plugged into pi-top Display Adapter (USB-C port)
    • pi-top Display Adapter plugged into pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard

Primary Display Issues

• pi-top Display Port + pi-top Display Cable + pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard shows power (FHD Touch Display power and brightness buttons will light up) but the display will never turn on (screen always black with no back light)
  • pi-top Display Port + pi-top Display Cable + pi-top HDMI Adapter + pi-top Display Adapter + pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard shows power (FHD Touch Display power and brightness buttons will light up) but the display will never turn on (screen always black with no back light with or without Micro USB Cable or Power A/B/C)
  • in the only scenario (besides VNC Viewer) where I was able to get the display to work with the pi-top there was always a visible halo/glow around the edge of the pi-top FHD Touch Display that sometimes appeared worse (nearly fading the display edges to pure white) and sometimes less so but still prominent
  • Power A, Power B, or Power C must be plugged into pi-top Display Adapter (USB-C port) prior to CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable being plugged into pi-top Micro HDMI Port or pi-top FHD Touch Display will flash like crazy
    • unplugging CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable from pi-top Micro HDMI Port, waiting some 10 or 20 seconds, and plugging back in will usually stop the crazy flashing and return the screen to normal
  • HDMI reset from the pi-top Mini OLED Screen appears to do nothing
  • without Power A, Power B, or Power C plugged into the pi-top Display Adapter (USB-C port) the pi-top FHD Touch Display always shows power (power and brightness buttons will light up) but will flash like crazy until Power A, Power B, or Power C are plugged into the pi-top Display Adapter (USB-C port) and the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable is unplugged from the pi-top Micro HDMI Port, waiting some seconds, and plugged back in… then the screen returns to normal (with halo/glow) and displays OS
  • occasionally during testing when powering on the pi-top the pi-top Mini OLED Screen would show the loading screen (4 with the sort of dashes moving around it) for a very long time, would then display the insert SD card screen (SD card on left and arrow to pi-top on right), and within seconds would power off on its own. whenever this would happen it would continue to happen on every power cycle until (in the pi-top’s powered off state) I unplugged the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable from the pi-top Micro HDMI Port, waited some seconds, and plugged it right back in. powering on after this would boot up the pi-top like normal into the OS (not meaning the pi-top FHD Touch Display worked but rather that the OS booted up)
  • when connected to the VNC Viewer and the pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard simultaneously I noticed that the pi-top Bluetooth Keyboard would work even if the screen was black or flashing like crazy
  • pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard work fine (no halo/glow) connected to other platforms (NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier in this case) via pi-top Display Adapter with only HDMI connected (display + power) and Micro USB (touch + keyboard)

Summary
So is this all expected behavior? Why does the pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard not work solely over the pi-top Display Cable and pi-top Display Port? Whats the deal with the faded halo/glow around the entire screen? I like hacking away at things as much as the next person but this is quite the mountain. Hopefully this can serve to at least document some of the things that work, the many things that don’t, and provide some much needed answers and guidance that seems to be missing.

Milder case of the halo/glow

Mid flash showing one of the pi-top FHD Touch Display’s seizure moments (alternates extremely fast (…umm this could give people actual seizures) between full black screen and random white noise like shown below)

1 Like

@hogank thanks so much for the detailed and thorough test report, this is the best one I’ve ever seen! :+1:

It is definitely not the expected behaviour, the pi-top with Display Cable connected directly to FHD Touch Display is the primary use-case so we need to get to the bottom of what’s causing these issues.

1. Does your pi-top [4] work with other displays? I.e. connecting like this:
    pi-top [4] -> Display Port -> Display Cable -> HDMI Adapter -> Any HDMI Monitor
  2. Can you try connecting your Raspberry Pi directly to the FHD Touch display using the Display Adapter using both micro HDMI ports and report if it works as expected. Since it works with the Micro HDMI on the pi-top [4] I’d like to confirm that both micro HDMI ports on the Raspberry Pi are functional.
  3. Also try connecting the Raspberry Pi to other HDMI monitors using both micro HDMI ports to validate the Raspberry Pi is working as expected.

Once these tests are done we’ll decide what items to replace, with a lot of these display issues it could be happening at the system level so I may decide to replace all your items and get the whole thing back for testing on our side.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick response @duwudi! I’m traveling at the moment so the only display I have on hand is a USB powered miroir M20 mini projector. So here goes…

pi-top powered by internal battery only

• pi-top Display Port + pi-top Display Cable + pi-top HDMI Adapter + miroir M20 projector
    • on boot transitions from no signal to HDMI 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz to DVI 640 x 480 @ 60Hz to DVI 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz and then remains white (not going back to no signal) but every few seconds there are full screen red/blue alternating flashes and then back to white (never displays desktop - just white)
  • pi-top Micro HDMI Port + CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable + miroir M20 projector
    • on boot transitions from no signal to HDMI 720p @ 60 Hz to HDMI 720p @ 60 Hz (again) to HDMI 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz to HDMI 1080i @ 60 Hz and the desktop is visible

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B powered by Power A or Power C (both behaved the same)

• rpi4b Micro HDMI Port (both ports did the same thing) + CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable + miroir M20 projector
    • on boot transitions from no signal to HDMI 720p @ 60 Hz to HDMI 720p @ 60 Hz (again) to HDMI 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz to HDMI 1080i @ 60 Hz and the desktop is visible (so same behavior on both ports as pi-top Micro HDMI port above)

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B powered by Power C + pi-top Display Adapter powered by Power B

• rpi4b Micro HDMI Port (both ports did the same thing again) with CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable, Micro USB Cable 6ft, and Power B plugged into pi-top Display Adapter which is plugged into pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard
    • screen displays large color wheel square then goes black for ~15 seconds or so and then displays the desktop (pi-top Bluetooth Keyboard always needs to be toggled on at this point via its little switch to the right of the trackpad - even though it lights up green a few times during boot it ultimately seems to turn off when the desktop pops up which I thought was odd)

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B powered by Power C + pi-top Display Adapter without any USB-C power source (was wondering if Power C could power the display from the rpi4b over the Micro HDMI)

• rpi4b Micro HDMI Port (both ports did the same thing again) with CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable and Micro USB Cable 6ft plugged into pi-top Display Adapter which is plugged into pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard
    • upon powering on - the display just does the white noise seizure flashes and never stops
    • plugging the HDMI into the miroir M20 projector at this point will display the desktop
    • plugging the HDMI back into the pi-top Display Adapter just brings back the seizure flashes

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B powered by Power A (not Power C like in the other tests) + pi-top Display Adapter powered by Power B

• rpi4b Micro HDMI Port (both ports did the same thing again) with CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Micro HDMI Cable, Micro USB Cable 6ft, and Power B plugged into pi-top Display Adapter which is plugged into pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard
    • screen displays large color wheel square then goes black for ~15 seconds or so and then displays the desktop (but for some reason the keyboard turns on when using Power A so I don’t have to toggle it on when I hit the desktop)
    • now this is where it gets really interesting…
    • shutting down the rpi4b from the OS leaves the power on the board on although the system is down (same with Power C)
    • Unlike Power C though when I disconnect Power A the board continues to remain on as if it is pulling power from the pi-top Display Adapter USB-C (Power B)
    • In a few cases disconnecting both Power A and Power B continued to leave the rpi4b with power and I had to disconnect the HDMI, Display Adapter, Bluetooth Keyboard, or power the keyboard off as it would remain on for some reason (and my guess is the battery within the keyboard was powering the rpi4b all the way back through the Display Adapter and HDMI)

So all in all I think some weird things happened when I powered the rpi4b with Power A (and was using the pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard) as it seemed to trigger it to seek out alternate forms of power and started producing inconsistent behavior. Power C worked the best to power the rpi4b and always landed me at the desktop with consistent power cycling and Micro HDMI port switching behavior. I’m not sure where this leaves us with the pi-top however as it has its own internal battery and isn’t solely dependent on the PSU like the naked rpi4b. Also to summarize all this, it did appear that both of the Micro HDMI ports on the rpi4b did in fact work flawlessly without differentiation. I’ll continue testing in the mean time. Thanks so much for diving into this as well

That is quite the glow/halo. My screen doesn’t have any glow that I can tell. Also, the other issues are interesting to say the least! Let us know what you find out. I don’t have the keyboard yet but this is good to know so that we don’t run the battery on the keyboards down.

Okay so I ordered the more on spec ZMI zPower Turbo 65W USB-C PD power adapter (5V @ 3A, 9V @ 3A, 12V @ 3A, 15V @ 3A, and 20V @ 3.25A) but still no dice. Using only the pi-top Display Cable (from the pi-top Display Port direct to the FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard) and the ZMI PSU connected to the pi-top USB-C port the pi-top shows charging. Before powering on the pi-top the pi-top Touch Display shows no power (power and brightness buttons not lit up) and when turning on the pi-top the pi-top FHD Touch Display power and brightness buttons only turn on near the end of the loading stage (near end of OLED screen displaying 4 with rotating dashes) but the pi-top FHD Touch Display itself never displays anything and the backlight never even comes on (just black screen). Unplugging the pi-top Display Cable and replugging in and/or using the HDMI refresh from the OLED Settings area on the pi-top does nothing. In addition to the pi-top FHD Touch Display power and brightness buttons lighting up the Bluetooth Keyboard power light also lights up… but again the FHD Touch Display never displays anything. Again, it seems like this should be the happy path but doesn’t work at all. Would welcome any additional ideas. Seems to be an issue with the pi-top itself (maybe firmware) or the pi-top Display Cable and not the raspberry pi or pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard (unless related to the proprietary protocol over the pi-top Display Cable as the pi-top Display Adapter seems to work fine)

Also, I’m assuming someone actually has a working pi-top + pi-top Display Cable + pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard. If this is true would you mind sharing your /boot/config.txt file contents. Mine are the defaults from the OS install which I was also assuming would support the happy path by default (with pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard connected via the pi-top Display Cable) as this is called a pi-top (like laptop) and not pi-box (as in… just a box with no screen or keyboard)

Can you send us a picture of your setup? I’ll send over my config.txt when I get home, but I dont recommend using my overclock haha. It isnt for the feint of heart.

This is my complete non-working setup. The pi-top Display Cable is plugged in to match the notch on both the pi-top and the pi-top FHD Touch Display. Also plugged in is the USB-C cable from the ZMI PSU. If I use the display adapter and a separate PSU for the pi-top and a separate PSU for the display adapter and then plug in the micro hdmi and micro usb cable then it all works but this is way too many cables and adapters to justify using this on the go (or at all) especially considering the loss of a usb port for the touch and now only having the option for a single display. image
image image

1 Like

Haha, I know what you mean about being on the go :joy: I’m still using the display adapter and the mini-hdmi on mine. Just a jumble of wires haha.

Yeah, some other people have been having issues and they are trying to track down the problem. I dont have the display cable so I dont know if my configuration will actually help you in this case :confused:

Just to document, after making the EEPROM changes my bootconf.txt contains the following:

[all]
BOOT_UART=0
WAKE_ON_GPIO=0
POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=1
DHCP_TIMEOUT=45000
DHCP_REQ_TIMEOUT=4000
TFTP_FILE_TIMEOUT=30000
ENABLE_SELF_UPDATE=1
DISABLE_HDMI=0
BOOT_ORDER=0xf41

And my /boot/config.txt (minus comments) is as follows:

max_framebuffers=1
[pi4]
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
max_framebuffers=2
dtoverlay=dwc2
hdmi_force_hotplug:1=1
[all]
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
enable_uart=0
start_x=1
gpu_mem=128
dtparam=audio=on
disable_splash=0
dtparam=spi=off

I’m very curious how this all stacks up against a pi-top [4] Complete (with Raspberry Pi 4 4GB pre-installed) with a working pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard (connected over the pi-top Display Cable… not using the pi-top Display Adapter). Or even how this stacks up to a pi-top [4] DIY Edition like mine if anyone has a working one (again with the pi-top FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard connected over the pi-top Display Cable).

It would strike me as extremely odd if this made it all the way to production and no one has a working system or has ever tested this happy path default configuration.

Looking at /var/log/syslog I see the following (line of interest in bold) which seems related to displays not working on other OSes:

Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.260802] input: ILITEK ILITEK-TP Touchscreen as /devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/$
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.261828] hid-generic 0003:222A:0001.0003: input,hiddev96,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [ILITEK ILITEK-TP] on$
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.685493] rpivid-mem feb00000.hevc-decoder: rpivid-hevcmem initialised: Registers at 0xfeb00000 length 0x0001$
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.686091] rpivid-mem feb10000.rpivid-local-intc: rpivid-intcmem initialised: Registers at 0xfeb10000 length 0$
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.686626] rpivid-mem feb20000.h264-decoder: rpivid-h264mem initialised: Registers at 0xfeb20000 length 0x0001$
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.687211] rpivid-mem feb30000.vp9-decoder: rpivid-vp9mem initialised: Registers at 0xfeb30000 length 0x000100$
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 5.692786] g_ether gadget ptusb0: renamed from usb0
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.003472] [drm] Initialized v3d 1.0.0 20180419 for fec00000.v3d on minor 0
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.028209] vc4-drm gpu: bound fe600000.firmwarekms (ops vc4_fkms_ops [vc4])
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.028236] checking generic (3eace000 12c000) vs hw (0 ffffffffffffffff)
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.028253] fb0: switching to vc4drmfb from simple
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.029233] Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x30
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.030337] [drm] Initialized vc4 0.0.0 20140616 for gpu on minor 1
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045606] vc4-drm gpu: [drm] HDMI-A-1: EDID is invalid:
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045632] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045648] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045663] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045679] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045694] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045709] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045724] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.045739] [00] ZERO 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.154730] vc_sm_cma: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.157254] bcm2835_vc_sm_cma_probe: Videocore shared memory driver
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.157287] [vc_sm_connected_init]: start
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.162710] mc: Linux media interface: v0.10
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.203702] [vc_sm_connected_init]: installed successfully
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.221163] snd_bcm2835: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.245704] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
Mar 8 22:06:48 pi-top kernel: [ 6.250321] bcm2835_audio bcm2835_audio: card created with 4 channels

2 Likes

@hogank interesting that you don’t get a valid EDID, this might mean there is an issue with the HDMI I2C lines between the pi and the FHD display. Could you try forcing the HDMI resolution in config.txt by adding these lines:

hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1
 hdmi_group=1
 hdmi_mode=16

also try:

hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=82

also, what do you get if you run this:

/opt/vc/bin/tvservice -d edid.dat; /opt/vc/bin/edidparser edid.dat
1 Like

This will be good to troubleshoot in the future. @duwudi, are you going to go back and ask people to check their syslog as well? Maybe other people are having g similar issues?

Both edits to /boot/config.txt did not produce any changes when booting up (although of course the screen resolution changed in VNC viewer as expected). The pi-top FHD Touch Display still did not show anything and the backlight didn’t even turn on (although its power and brightness buttons lit up and the Bluetooth Keyboard light turned green as well). The output in /var/log/syslog still showed EDID is invalid in both cases. Following is the ouput of the commands:

root@pi-top:~# /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -d edid.dat; /opt/vc/bin/edidparser edid.dat
Nothing written!
Enabling fuzzy format match…
Failed to open edid.dat
/opt/vc/bin/edidparser exited with code -1

If it helps to clarify, this appears to be solely display related. Switching from VNC to the FHD Touch Display (unplugging the pi-top Display Cable from my Macbook and plugging into the FHD Touch Display and Bluetooth Keyboard) I can in fact use the keyboard and the touch screen as switching back to the VNC viewer shows/reflects the touches and keystrokes I took. So its purely the display that isn’t functioning over the display cable.

Other tvservice outputs for status, name, and list:

pi@pi-top:~ $ /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -s
state 0xa [HDMI DMT (82) RGB full 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive
pi@pi-top:~ $ /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -n
[E] No device present
pi@pi-top:~ $ /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -l
2 attached device(s), display ID’s are :
Display Number 2, type HDMI 0
Display Number 7, type HDMI 1

Just for your information, when you VNC in, unless you’ve set it up to do screen mirroring, it will start a new session, even if it is the same account. In a way, this makes it possible to have 3+ screen running simultaneously on the same user, if the displays after the second one, are connected via the network on VNC. By default, it wont mirror anything between sessions.

Also, the FHD display wont turn on the backlight unless it receives a valid signal. It goes to sleep immediately after power up. So it still could be ok, but not sending a valid signal through.

This is what I get going down the EDID rabbit hole (this was with micro hdmi going from pi-top to pi-top Display Adapter and into pi-top FHD Touch Screen). I’m not an expert here, just digging through everything I can trying to find anything remotely related and get this to work.

pi@pi-top:~ $ ls -1 /sys/class/drm/*/edid
/sys/class/drm/card1-HDMI-A-1/edid
/sys/class/drm/card1-HDMI-A-2/edid
pi@pi-top:~ $ edid-decode < /sys/class/drm/card1-HDMI-A-2/edid
No header found
pi@pi-top:~ $ edid-decode < /sys/class/drm/card1-HDMI-A-1/edid
EDID version: 1.3
Manufacturer: NCS Model 0 Serial Number 0
Made in week 13 of 2016
Digital display
DFP 1.x compatible TMDS
Maximum image size: 121 cm x 68 cm
Gamma: 2.50
Undefined display color type
Default (sRGB) color space is primary color space
First detailed timing is preferred timing
Display x,y Chromaticity:
  Red:   0.6396, 0.3300
  Green: 0.2998, 0.5996
  Blue:  0.1503, 0.0595
  White: 0.3125, 0.3291
Established timings supported:
  640x480@60Hz 4:3 HorFreq: 31469 Hz Clock: 25.175 MHz
Standard timings supported:
Detailed mode: Clock 148.500 MHz, 1214 mm x 683 mm
               1920 2008 2052 2200 hborder 0
               1080 1084 1089 1125 vborder 0
               +hsync +vsync 
               VertFreq: 60 Hz, HorFreq: 67500 Hz
Detailed mode: Clock 74.250 MHz, 1214 mm x 683 mm
               1280 1390 1430 1650 hborder 0
                720  725  730  750 vborder 0
               +hsync +vsync 
               VertFreq: 60 Hz, HorFreq: 45000 Hz
Monitor name: NCS HDMI     
Monitor ranges (GTF): 24-120Hz V, 12-154kHz H, max dotclock 340MHz
Has 1 extension blocks
Checksum: 0xb7 (valid)

CTA extension block
Extension version: 3
21 bytes of CTA data
  Video data block
    VIC  16 1920x1080@60Hz 16:9 (native) HorFreq: 67500 Hz Clock: 148.500 MHz
    VIC   4 1280x720@60Hz 16:9  HorFreq: 45000 Hz Clock: 74.250 MHz
    VIC   5 1920x1080i@60Hz 16:9  HorFreq: 33750 Hz Clock: 74.250 MHz
    VIC  34 1920x1080@30Hz 16:9  HorFreq: 33750 Hz Clock: 74.250 MHz
    VIC  19 1280x720@50Hz 16:9  HorFreq: 37500 Hz Clock: 74.250 MHz
    VIC  20 1920x1080i@50Hz 16:9  HorFreq: 28125 Hz Clock: 74.250 MHz
  Audio data block
    Linear PCM, max channels 2
      Supported sample rates (kHz): 48
      Supported sample sizes (bits): 24 20 16
  Speaker allocation data block
    Speaker map:
      FL/FR - Front Left/Right
  Vendor-specific data block, OUI 000c03 (HDMI)
    Source physical address 1.0.0.0
Underscans PC formats by default
Basic audio support
1 native detailed modes
                540  542  547  562 vborder 0
               +hsync +vsync interlaced 
               VertFreq: 60 Hz, HorFreq: 33750 Hz
               1080 1084 1089 1125 vborder 0
               +hsync +vsync 
               VertFreq: 30 Hz, HorFreq: 33750 Hz
               1280 1720 1760 1980 hborder 0
                720  725  730  750 vborder 0
               +hsync +vsync 
               VertFreq: 50 Hz, HorFreq: 37500 Hz
               1920 2448 2492 2640 hborder 0
                540  542  547  562 vborder 0
               +hsync +vsync interlaced 
               VertFreq: 50 Hz, HorFreq: 28125 Hz
Checksum: 0x1d (valid)
1 Like

@hogank would you mind if I ask support to replace your screen, pi-top and Display Cable? I’d like to get them back to my office to fully test the whole system.

Hey sorry for the late response. I’ve been traveling and just ended up returning the pi-top setup. By all appearances it’s a well designed and put together platform. Hopefully some of these issues can get ironed out, I’d love to give it a shot again in the future. Thanks for taking the time to check into the issues I was experiencing.